Ground Truth Intelligence is the global platform for diligence and investigations. We are a friendly and energetic tech start-up with big ambitions for the corporate intelligence world.
We are looking for a Head of Engineering to join our quickly growing team. 2022 will be a year of explosive growth at Ground Truth Intelligence, and we want you to help us grow the team to meet the challenges ahead. You’ll be responsible for hiring a team of talented engineers around you that will allow you to plan, coordinate, direct, and oversee the development efforts across Ground Truth’s platform. The role will require close collaboration with the product team to help evolve our long-term strategy, create a roadmap for both near and mid-term outcomes, and ensure key engineering health metrics are met.
As we are a fast-growing startup, you should expect your day-to-day responsibilities to flex in response to our needs. It's expected that you'll begin by familiarising yourself with the codebase and develop a strong understanding of the different components of the platform, as well as the business needs that drive use/development of the platform. As we continue to add new functionality to the platform, we'll need someone with the ability to help organise the new changes that require significant forethought.
We currently run an Agile process with 2-week sprints and releases. The Head of Engineering will be responsible for ensuring the fitness of the releases and increasing the deployment frequency over time. You'll also work closely with our Head of Product to plan for upcoming releases.
As you become settled and begin to recognise the capabilities and work with the CTO to evolve our ways of working as the number of teams & complexity increases.
What you’ll do at Ground Truth:
● Establish and implement the strategic direction of the company’s engineering and development initiatives
● Code delivery: Ensure code is written and shipped in a timely manner while providing management with regular feedback on progress
● Hiring internal team: Work with CTO to grow the in-house team. This includes designing team structures and developing a strategy for hiring talent to fill your teams.
● Collaborate with the company’s executive leadership to develop and meet organisational goals while supplying expertise and guidance on projects, operations, and systems
● Career growth: Help guide the developers to ensure their own growth within the company, introduce levelling guides and performance management when appropriate.
● Identify, recommend, and implement new technologies and innovations that deliver more value to our users